Our Governing Body
Our CCG is led by a Governing Body whose role is to ensure that the CCG has appropriate arrangements in place to exercise its functions efficiently, effectively and economically, and in accordance with principles of good governance.
Made up of GPs and health care professionals, members of the executive leadership team, and lay members (who bring independent perspectives, and non-clinical expertise and experience), our Governing Body help us to work together to empower people to lead their best life.
The Governing Body’s key roles include:
- Setting our vision and strategy
- Approving our commissioning plans and financial policies
- Monitoring local providers’ performance and quality
- Approving annual reports
- Ensuring that we debate issues in an open and transparent way
- Promoting a culture of strong engagement with patients, their carers, members, the public and other stakeholders about the activity and progress of the CCG
- Overseeing risk assessment and securing assurance actions to mitigate identified strategic risks
- Ensuring good governance through making sure we have the systems and processes in place to achieve our organisation objectives
Our CCG is also led by an Executive Leadership Team, who make recommendations on strategy and commissioning plans to our Governing Body and ensure ensure the decisions taken by our Governing Body are carried out.
Who's on our Governing Body?