Latest Covid-19 updates in BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire
We are publishing weekly updates on this page to keep residents of Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire informed about the latest Covid-19 situation in the region.
For more information including details and frequently asked questions about the large vaccination sites at Bath Racecourse and Salisbury City Hall, visit our Live Covid-19 pages.
Updated: 6 April
Coronavirus remains a serious threat to the health of our country as well as the functioning of our NHS. The rules on what you can and cannot do will change on 12 April 2021. For a full explanation of what this means, please visit the Government's dedicated webpages.
If you develop any symptoms of coronavirus including:
- a high temperature - where you are hot to the touch on your chest or back (you do not need a thermometer reading)
- a new and continuous cough
- any change to, or loss of your sense of smell or taste
please immediate self-isolate and book a Covid-19 test. Anyone you live with must also isolate until you have received your result, and seek a test themselves if they begin to show symptoms.This action will prevent the possible spread of the virus to others.
Covid-19 vaccination: Latest local position
The Covid-19 vaccination programme is underway now in BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire. If you have a question about vaccination, please check our live Q&As for an answer. NHS England's website publish the latest Government data regarding the number of people who have been vaccinated.
Press releases and stakeholder briefings about the Covid-19 vaccine
Press releases and stakeholder briefings
You can read our press releases about the vaccination programme at links below - with the most recent listed first:
- More people to be invited for coronavirus vaccine after first phase sees more than 220,000 of the most vulnerable protected
- People over 70 and yet to be contacted for coronavirus vaccine now able to book appointments online or over the phone
- High street pharmacies join list of local venues providing lifesaving coronavirus vaccine
- Fire crews, volunteers and military personnel support NHS colleagues in rollout of lifesaving coronavirus vaccine
- Salisbury and Bath to play host to large-scale NHS Vaccination Centres
- As all community vaccine sites open, health leaders reassure people not yet contacted they haven't been forgotten
- Vaccination site in Bath City Centre opens at Pavilion building
- New Year sees arrival of more vaccination sites as number of local coronavirus infections continues to rise
- Public advised to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- First GP-led Covid-19 Local Vaccination Services to open this week
- Hundreds of people across Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire receive lifesaving coronavirus vaccine at iconic local venues
We are also briefing our stakeholders each week about the progress of the vaccination programme.
Vaccination sites in BaNES, Swindon and Wiltshire
The following community-based, GP-led vaccine sites have been in operation since December:
- Steam Museum, Swindon
- Corn Exchange, Devizes
- Rowden Surgery, Chippenham
- Combe Down Surgery, near Bath
- The White Horse Health Centre, Westbury
- Ramsbury Surgery, Marlborough
- Spencer Sport and Social Club, Melksham
The following sites have opened since 4 January 2021:
- Wingfield Surgery, Trowbridge
- Michael Herbert Centre, Wilton
- Tidworth Leisure Centre, Tidworth
- Malmesbury Primary Care Centre, Malmesbury
- Batheaston Medical Centre, Batheaston
- Somer Centre, Midsomer Norton
- Northlands Surgery, Calne
- The Pavilion, Bath
- Larkhill Medical Centre
- Salisbury Cathedral
- West View Surgery, Keynsham
- Pewsey Surgery
You can find a list of all vaccine sites in our FAQs.
Covid-19 vaccine fraud alert
Covid-19 cases: Latest local position
This data will be updated weekly. Please note that the data we publish has a timelag so will be a few days out of date by the time of publication. You can also find daily-updated information on the Public Health England website.
Data correct on 14 January. Data source: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Updated: 31 March
- Total number of people with a positive COVID-19 test in the most recent 7-day period = 326
- Daily COVID-19 cases (number of people with at least one positive test result, by specimen date) = 50
- Number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in hospitals (Bath's Royal United Hospital, Swindon's Great Western Hospital and Salisbury Hospital) at 8am = 23
- Total deaths within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test (cumulative) = 1133