Devizes Health Centre
Work on the Devizes Health Centre in October and November 2021
Devizes Health Centre will be one of the region’s first integrated care centres with a number of organisations coming together to provide a range of health service from one building. Health care professionals from the four local GP surgeries will provide patients with same day or next day medical care as well as routine blood tests and clinics for things like asthma and diabetes.
The services currently provided by Wiltshire Health and Care at Devizes Community Hospital will be moving to the new health centre and the community hospital will close. Royal United Hospitals Bath (RUH) will be providing outpatient services including audiology, care of the elderly, paediatrics, rheumatology and urology services. The Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership (AWP) will provide some of its mental health services from the new health centre.
The Devizes Health Centre will give much-needed additional space for health services in the area, making it easier for patients to access the care they need locally and all under one roof.
Devizes Health Centre will be leading the field in sustainable design, as one of a small number of ‘Net Zero’ health facilities across England. The site will have an energy EPC rating of A+, and will utilise green technology, such as heat pumps and solar panels to generate electricity and heat to serve the building.
The building of the new Devizes Health Centre is being overseen by NHS Property Services, which has worked with the CCG over the last few years to get the £10.9 million project off the ground. Construction started in May 2021 and the new Devizes Health Centre is due to open in summer 2022.
Health service providers working in the Devizes Health Centre will be:
Devizes Primary Care Network made up of Lansdowne Surgery, Market Lavington Surgery, St James Surgery and Southbroom Surgery. You might see:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Associates
- First Contact Practitioners (Physiotherapists, Paramedics and Mental Health)
- Practice Nurses
- Healthcare Assistants
- GP Registrars
Wiltshire Health and Care will be providing services including:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Orthopaedic interface service
- PACE and Oxygen
Royal United Hospitals Bath (RUH) will be providing outpatient services for:
- Care of the elderly
- Paediatrics and Paediatric Dietetics
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership (AWP) will be providing:
- Memory assessment and dementia services
Find out more
- Live stream from building site
- Site plan
- Frequently asked questions
- Watch: The redevelopment of Devizes Health Centre
- Work to begin imminently on new Devizes Health Centre after plans approved
- Health leaders and construction officials celebrate new multimillion pound Devizes Health Centre build reaching highest point
- Work continues at pace on innovative new Devizes Health Centre
Further information on the new Devizes Health Centre can be found on the NHS Property Services website.